Resolving a Suspension in Connecticut—License Restoration Payments Per the DMV
License Restoration Online Payments
PLEASE READ ALL THE INFORMATION BELOW BEFORE MAKING YOUR ONLINE PAYMENT
Welcome to the DMV Driver Services secured online payment system. This service will allow you to pay restoration and other fees related to a suspension of a driver license or driving privilege. Check your suspension notice for additional requirements.
After your online payment is submitted, restoration notice processing time can take up to 10 business days.
- This online system allows you to make certain payments. The payment receipt is NOT a driver license or restoration notice. Check ct.gov/dmv/licensecheck to verify your license is restored.
- You may have additional requirements and may be required to submit additional documents.You can e-mail documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your driving history must be reviewedby the DMV’s Driver Services Division before any restoration notice or permit can be issued.
Fees that can be paid online
- $175.00 Restoration fee: for suspension of driver license, nonresident driving privilege, or privilege to obtain a license.
- $175.00 Restoration fee: for Commercial Driver License (CDL) disqualification.
- $175.00 restoration fee: for Public Service Endorsement (PPE) suspension.
- $100.00 IID Administration fee: for Ignition Interlock (IID) program.
- $100.00 nonrefundable Special Operator Permit application fee: for work and/or education permits.
- Pay with your credit card – Discover, MasterCard, or Visa using our secured site.
- Name of the individual who owes the fee(s).
- Date of birth.
- License, ID, or case number as it appears on the Connecticut driving history.
- Current return mailing address. If your address has changed, and you have not reported it to DMV, please follow these instructions.
- A valid e-mail address and phone number.
- Billing information for the credit card used to make the payment.
- After completing your payment, be sure to print and keep a copy of your receipt for your records. A payment confirmation will also be sent by e-mail. Please remember, this is only a payment receipt. Check gov/dmv/licensecheck to verify your license is restored.
- Per Connecticut General Statute 14-50(f), whenever a payment of any fee to the DMV by means of a credit or debit card is rejected or dishonored, the DMV shall charge a fee of $35.00 for a payment amount of not more than $200.00, and a fee of 15% of any payment in excess of $200.00, plus all protest fees or charges. to cover the cost of the collection.
CONTACTING THE DRIVER SERVICES DIVISION AT THE DMV IN WETHERSFIELD, CONNECTICUT
Contact Driver Services Division
For questions concerning a license suspension and/or medical related issue, you may contact us by mail, e-mail, or telephone.
The normal processing time is 10 business days from the date the DMV’s Driver Services Division receives your correspondence via e-mail and/or mail.
Please provide your name, date of birth, and current mailing address with all correspondence. If your address has changed, you may complete and submit a change of address form.
Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles
Driver Services Division
60 State Street
Wethersfield, CT. 06161-1013
Contact by phone
To speak to a live agent, you may call 860-263-5720 between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm Monday through Friday. For general suspension and restoration information, our automated system is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
DMV’s Easy Answers for Resolving a Suspension
There are no in-person transactions conducted at any office of the Department of Motor Vehicles for resolving a suspension. All transactions must be conducted by mail.
What to do:
- Submit a check or money order made payable to DMV in the amount of $175.00 at least two weeks prior to your eligibility date.
- Provide any necessary documents as noted in your suspension notice.
- Include your full name, date of birth and current mailing address. If your mailing address has recently changed, please complete a change of address form. Follow the instructions listed on the form.
What it will cost:
- $175.00 per each suspended item.
Suspension or restoration correspondence should be address to: Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles Driver Services Division 60 State Street Wethersfield, CT 06161 General suspension or restoration information is also available 24 hours a day, seven days a week by calling our automated system at (860) 764-2744.
Please note: You are not permitted to operate a motor vehicle until you receive a restoration notice from the Department of Motor Vehicles informing you that your restoration has been processed and you possess a valid driver’s license.
CALL NOW TO SET UP A FREE CONSULTATION